Our client Galway Technology Centre is expanding and is currently recruiting for a Centre Manager. Reporting to the CEO of the GTC Hub, the Centre Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of GTC and will be a key figure for the team and its community of members and the visitors that come to GTC each year. The successful candidate will be a brand ambassador, the primary GTC host and key driver in improving the operational processes and efficiencies for a scaling world class Tech Centre. The role is broad, as the GTC will always be evolving in terms of physical space, programmes and other offerings.
- Brand ambassador developing a compelling proposition creating brand resonance and enabling impact for GTC users.
- Working collaboratively with the members and community manager to ensure a great member experience in the GTC, covering everything from physical space, services, ensuring a productive and world class working environment.
- Greeting / reception management & troubleshooting for members. Ensure the smooth operation and delivery of large and small events which occur every week.
- Responsibility for Finance, managing Audits, submitting Grant claims and working with the finance coordinator to ensure that appropriate budgets and cash flow management for facilities, ordering, raising PO's and tracking spend.
- Overseeing the updating of HR policies and procedures
- Ensure health & safety procedures are followed and include staff training such as manual handling, fire safety and first aid.
- Creating, implementing and maintaining policies and processes covering a range of areas such as access control, security, fire alarm, IT, cleaning etc.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies.
- Communications to community members in relation to operational matters that would affect them e.g. Opening / Closing hours, Internet etc.
- Be a point of contact for daily maintenance issues as required. Liaising with contractors to ensure that maintenance works are completed, and reports are filed.
- 3-5 years relevant experience ideally working in a start-up or fast-paced environment in an operations role.
- Strong experience in managing finances and grant funding.
- Comfortable prioritising multiple work streams across daily responsibilities and long-term projects.
- Project management skills/experience in driving projects forward.
- Strong leadership and communication skills; proven ability to collaborate. Must be team oriented; enjoys working with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to understand strategy and interpret it from an operations perspective.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.