- Reference: CJ45579
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Information Technology
- Responsible for firmware and software programming of medical devices and systems.
- Individual will be functioning as part of a team responsible for designing a range of medical devices including implantables.
- Preferred programming languages are C and C# on embedded and Linux platforms.
- Develop complete Firmware and software solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Develop Bluetooth communications solutions for medical devices and apps.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Having worked in Medical device software systems is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience with Microcontrollers such Microchip, Atmel and TI.
- Experience with motor control and fluidics an advantage.
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills – good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!