- Reference: CJ46367
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Information Technology
- Requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of vehicle interface software, communication protocols, associated business logic and user interface screens.
- Software design and implementation of vehicle interface software and protocols.
- Understand and implement methodologies for reverse engineering of vehicle communication protocols and potential areas for process improvements.
- Collaborate with global Vehicle Communication Software team in the development of products applicable.
- Collaborate with Applications engineers in the development of innovative software solutions for vehicle specific functions and issues.
- Assists with development and execution of applications validation and testing.
- Other duties as required by the manager.
Essential Skills Required:
- Fluent in C/C++
- Real time embedded systems development experience
- Solid debugging/analytical and problem-solving skills
- Degree or equivalent experience in software development
- 3-5 years experience in software development
- Self-motivated, results oriented with the ability to deliver the highest-quality software using industry best-practice methodologies
- Team-oriented attitude
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with source control systems such as Vault, Mercurial/Git or StarTeam
- Programming experience in an embedded environment employing a real-time operating system
- Experience implementing graphical user interfaces in an embedded system
- Experience implementing Wi-Fi, HTTP, Sockets, in an embedded system
- Experience with Freescale CodeWarrior IDE for ColdFire based microcontrollers
- Experience with IAR EWARM IDE for ARM based microcontrollers
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio and having Windows development experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Karen Collins on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!