Video for this job
C/C++ Software Engineer
This individual contributor engineering role will be responsible for software/firmware feature development, integration, testing, and maintenance to support the design and deployment of DOCSIS and Video products, both in custom designed embedded-hardware and in off-the-shelf server platforms (virtualised docker/container Linux environment).
- Serve as Technical team member for the Design and Development of products. Initial development focus would be derivative designs as well as functional and performance enhancements to the existing product.
- Independently resolve technical problems, initiating design changes and provide engineering support to assess customer needs and solve field issues.
- Generate required product development documentation including, but not limited to,
Functional Specifications and detailed design documents.
- Participate in source code control and software release activities as required.
- Interface with other departments to enable accomplishment of division and new product development objectives.
- Communicate project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing
- Conduct technical presentations/demonstrations if necessary.
Perform other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Education:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent. Master of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with IDE development tools and modern operating systems expected
- C/C++ programming and debugging knowledge is required (GNU development tools or other)
- knowledge of assembly language highly desirable (x86, ARM, MIPS, etc…)
- knowledge of modern scripting languages desirable ( Python, etc..)
- Experience with software version control desirable (git, svn, clearcase, etc..)
- Knowledge of programming for embedded environment, such as a System-On-Chip, is highly desirable.
- Especially knowledge of VxWorks and/or Linux within an embedded environment
- Knowledge of Real-time computing is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Modern Telecommunications technology is highly desirable
- Especially Internet-related networking protocols.
- Knowledge of programming for virtualized environments desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org