Our client, a medical device manufacturer, is keen to hire a Buyer/Planner to join their team in Roscommon.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Planner, the Buyer/Planner will have responsibility for planning and procurement of materials and services in a lean, customer-focused manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities ( Full job description available on request):
- Ensure they have an expert understanding of company products and processes within the area of responsibility.
- Process Customer demand and follow through on sales orders to meet targeted service levels.
- Ensure continuity of supply of materials in a cost-effective manner.
- Negotiate pricing and terms for materials and services.
- Liaise with quality for Vendor selections and audits.
- Comply with and maintain ISO standards.
- Focus on continuous improvement and department KPIs.
- Monitor and process updates to MRP System.
- Conform to the requirements of the quality and environmental management system.
- Level 8 degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or other similar discipline is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Supply Chain role with active involvement within a manufacturing floor, preferably in the medical device sector.
- APICS/IIPIM qualifications are desirable.
- A proactive approach, with the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Proficient with Syspro, Minitab, Lotus Notes, is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn