Based in Co. Laois with a leading manufacturer of raw materials, ingredients and additives, this permanent job is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career or for someone who is looking for a job closer to home.
- Assume full responsibility for planning requirements and supply chain activities to ensure timely (scheduled) deliveries of goods and services within budget and/or standard costs. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Plan, maintain, current and future state production schedule(s)/QC Sampling and Testing including all considerations for the plant on a daily basis.
- Represent manufacturing unit in Coordination with Site General Manager, Quality Control Manager, Quality Assurance Manager & Production Manager and to maximize Capacity utilizing a strategic approach.
- Determine material requirements from production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials through the production cycle by coordinating stock movements with warehouse supervisor / personnel.
- Work with partner site(s) to alleviate capacity constraints.
- Identify and evaluate sources of supply of raw materials, packaging components and non-inventory items. Ensure inventory levels are maintained at appropriate safety stock levels to meet production requirements.
- Engage in key scheduling and planning huddles & meetings to provide updates on delivery schedules & requirements to meet customer demand.
- Develop, Implement and Support sourcing and supplier management initiatives.
- As the Buyer Planner you are primarily responsible for the ongoing procurement of materials, components, equipment, supplies and services that meet the quality standards of the company.
- Proactively review forecasted inventory projections to identify risk
- Co-ordinate the manufacturing and quality testing / release planning activities through quality control release and shipment. Understand resource constraints, facilitate, and drive solution identification and implementation with affected stakeholders/functions.
- Provide guidance in removing obstacles for Quality & Production to stay on schedule
- Communicate lead time constraints and potential back-order positions to key stakeholders (Production, QC testing and batch release, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Commercial)
- Contribute to data evaluation, propose solutions, and contribute to risk mitigation plans.
- Drive KPI reporting and actively support process improvement. Manages regular "lessons learned sessions" within the manufacturing unit (Current & future state).
- Ensure accuracy between daily production and the ERP system to include manual processes (i.e., all work orders are finished with the right quantity – based off completed production schedule)
- Communicate supply issues when necessary to Supply Chain and other resources
- 3rd Level Education, preferable in a production-related field
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong systems skills, use of ERP would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Background of at least 2 years’ experience of the food, beverage, pharma or other process industries will be considered.
- Capable of building and maintaining good working relationships with customers
- The successful candidate will understand the requirements of manufacturing and supply chain, and how all interact daily.
- Possess a desire to continuously improve.
- Ambitious and results driven
- Must be a high energy and responsive individual
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton