We are currently working with a leading manufacturer of diagnostic testing kits in Co. Wicklow who are seeking to hire a Buyer/Planner for an initial 6 month contract as they ramp up for a significant project they are undertaking.
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for translating the demand plans into meaningful supply plans and subsequent production schedule, building adequate and agreed upon FG stock cover. Manage the purchasing process and own the supplier relationships, enabling the efficient purchasing, management and tacking of inventory.
- Working with Commercial, Demand Planning & Operations in the development of a monthly supply plan that meets market demand, aligns to budget and builds adequate and agreed cover in the business/ market.
- Translation of the supply plan into a production plan and subsequent schedule for Operations.
- Daily / Weekly tracking of that schedule against plan and reporting of the progress against the plan to the business.
- Reporting on any deviations away from those agreed plans via scrap, over/ under production, changes in forecast, deviations (NCMRs) etc.
- Work with both the warehouse & labs to track and report on stressed/ slow moving stock to support inventory optimization.
- Open Shop Packs and track through to closure.
- Maintenance of Item Level Master Data & BOMs
- Maintenance of Safety Stock levels in the ERP System.
- Support in the implementation, optimization, and maintenance of the ERP system.
- Support the implementation of an S&OP cycle and lead site S&OP discussion.
- Responsible for maintaining, managing, and measuring supplier relationships.
- Managing RM inventory levels & inventory shelf life through timely and appropriate purchase orders.
- A technical Third level / SCM qualification is preferable with strong numeracy skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supply Planning and Production Scheduling.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of day-to-day practices within ERP:
- Demand Planning functionality & system logic
- Detailed knowledge of MPS & MRP
- Experience of working within a regulated environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships with all teams.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team with ability to influence key stakeholders.
For a confidential discussion on this position please contact: Eoghan Dalton