Our client develops and globally markets innovative medical devices. They currently have an opening for a Buyer / Planner
- Responsible for all elements of the Sales and Operations Planning (SNOP) process for our client’s products.
- Liaise with commercial team to consolidate demand plan.
- Manage raw material stock levels and maintain inventory at agreed levels to meet demand.
- Generate forecasts for suppliers and issue raw material purchase orders to fill production requirements.
- Transition existing stock management through the implementation of a new MRP system.
- Create weekly production schedule in conjunction with the Manufacturing Operations Manager.
- Manage cost reduction projects to fruition on purchased items and supply chain lean initiatives.
- Measure supplier performance to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Identify and implement corrective action to address non-conformances
- Ensure all duties related to the role are performed in accordance with the Quality System.
Behaviours & Skills
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified to degree level in a business or technical discipline.
- APICS CPIM and or IIPMM Cert/Dip qualification is desirable.
- Minimum 4-5 years of planning experience as a Buyer/ Planner in a manufacturing environment.