Our Client is a Galway based medical devices manufacturer. They are currently seeking a Buyer / Planner for a permanent position. This person will be responsible for procuring raw materials, components, equipment, tooling, supplies and services, to ensure a 100% customer service level, while achieving the targeted Quality & Cost objectives.
- Establishes and/or reviews requirements generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders
- Coordinates with the Planners or Budget Owners to maintain optimal service levels and determine the proper priorities for support
- Administers Purchase Orders based on authorized spending amount
- Keeping informed of any problems/delays caused by Suppliers or general market conditions and communicates any impacts/constraints to the Planner, Business Unit or other discipline impacted by the change.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with any entity within (or outside) of the company who will be impacted by the work conducted by this role which includes issue resolution, reconciliation of errors and correct the root cause of problems.
- Interfaces with core functions such as quality, engineering, planning and product development
- Identify areas of risk and implement mitigating action.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day supplier relationship.
- Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance within the company and to the supplier
- Responsible to resolve supplier related issues and assures a positive and professional business relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing, Corporate Groups and other Sites in developing and implementing sourcing strategies and to support global supplier evaluation and selection as well as VIP creation.
- Adheres to all applicable (Site, Corporate or Regulatory) requirements
- Reviews and approves all change requests; Maintains accurate Master Data, AVL, Info record, Source List, e-Req etc. Constantly strives to improve the Quality of goods and services supplied.
- Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted DIOH and overall lowest TCO (total cost of ownership)
- Minimise the impact of expired, excess and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately.
- Identify opportunities to implement best inventory management practices
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of achieving the highest level of quality, customer satisfaction and TCO.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Lean Strategies for improvement of all aspects of the operation to improve Quality, deliver reduced cost and minimise waste.
- Identify cost saving opportunities from existing vendor base.
- Assist in the in the preparation and execution of the annual materials budget.
For a confidential discussion and further information on the role, please contact Celia.Moloney@collinsmcnicholas.ie or call 091 706719