The primary function of the Buyer Planner is achieving targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the company’s supply chain.
- Forecasting and Market Trending – Sales forecasting to generate build plans and demand requirements.
- Manage Customer Orders to ensure on time delivery
- Establish and maintain inventory targets. This includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information.
- Develop and identify cost reduction process improvements
- Systems – ERP – Generate monthly production schedule and measure performance against plan.
- Materials planning and purchasing of component material for the manufacturing facility.
- Generate and manage the upkeep of component product Bill of Materials to monitor consumption variances.
- Manage work order progress, including working with production and other supporting departments to ensure production plans are accurate and can be met.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the manufacturing stock system and inventory accuracy reporting. Ensure expiry and cycle count systems are adhered to.
- Logistics and Supplier Monitoring- Forecast company requirements to suppliers to ensure against potential stock out situations.
- Track supplier raw material and delivery performance against plan.
- Monitor and ensure delivery of all inbound and outbound freight.
- Degree in Supply Chain/ Production Management or a Business discipline or working towards qualification
- Knowledge of Warehouse/Production processes is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems – Opera preferred
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091706712 or email email@example.com.