Video for this job
Senior Buyer / Planner– Our client is offering a unique and exciting opportunity in Limerick to be part of a Start-Up.
Start-up experience not essential but highly advantageous!
We are working with Edwards Lifesciences a world leading Medical Device company.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Senior Buyer Planner with an emphasis on indirect Purchasing. Medical device experience highly preferred & strong ability to work independently
Senior Buyer / Planner
The Senior Buyer/Planner Analyst plans the procurement of the material required to support Customer Demand and New Product introduction and develop and execute the business unit production schedule.
Plan materials requirements to support production schedules and new product launches with increased complexity and volume and with higher level of autonomy. including:
- Working with the supplier to ensure materials are made to the proper specs
- Leading cross functional teams to resolve obstacles to meeting the schedule, including, but not limited to, resolving issues with non-conforming material, unclear specifications or vendor capacity constraints
- Expediting purchase orders as required. Includes expediting material from the receiving dock though receiving inspection, to production stores
- Partner with Supplier Quality on cyclical (e.g. Audits) and non-cyclical issues (e.g. RI failures)
- Manage raw material inventory to established targets.
Develop and schedule the Manufacturing Production Plan from the Master Production Schedule requirements with increased complexity and volume and with higher level of autonomy. Development includes the following:
- Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to non-conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, completing unplanned requirements
- Analyze resource availability, develop short and mid-range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
- Generate work orders using system (e.g., JDE)
- Manage work order progress, including working with production and other supporting departments (e.g., quality, microbiology, engineering) to ensure production plans are met
- Provide ship schedule to Supply Chain/Demand team
- Establish and maintain gross inventory targets with a limited scope. Includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information, and assess inventory management
- Develop and identify cost reduction process improvements
- Creation of reports of key performance indicators and identify opportunities for potential report automation and drive these to completion
- Support plant level and enterprise level planning improvement initiatives with a high degree of complexity
- Liaise with the warehouse team for shipping and receiving of material with increased complexity and volume and with higher level of autonomy
- Potential supervision employees supporting work order scheduling and cutting
- Ensure shipment of materials by applying knowledge of import and export laws and regulations
- Manages relationship with Sterilization services.