Video for this job
Senior Buyer / Planner– Our client is offering a unique and exciting opportunity in Limerick to be part of a Start-Up.
Buyer / Planner will also be considered!
Start-up experience not essential but highly advantageous!
We are exclusively working with Edwards Lifesciences a world leading Medical Device company. If you have a passion for improving the lives of patients with structural heart disease, please read on.
Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
Senior Buyer / Planner
Develop and schedule the Manufacturing Production Plan from the Master Production Schedule requirements with increased complexity and volume and with a higher level of autonomy. Development includes the following:
- Manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to non-conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, completing unplanned requirements
- Analyse resource availability, develop short and mid-range capacity plans with manufacturing teams, and lead teams to ensure plans are met
- Generate work orders using system (e.g., JDE)
- Manage work order progress, including working with production and other supporting departments (e.g., quality, microbiology, engineering) to ensure production plans are met
- Provide ship schedule to Supply Chain/Demand team
- Establish and maintain gross inventory targets with a limited scope. Includes developing action plans to minimize inventory exposure and for scrapping or mitigating excess and obsolete parts based on business information, and assess inventory management
- Develop and identify cost reduction process improvements
- Creation of reports of key performance indicators and identify opportunities for potential report automation and drive these to completion
- Support plant level and enterprise level planning improvement initiatives with a high degree of complexity