Buyer Planner required for Galway based company with 2-3 years of relevant experience, ideally in medical device or pharmaceutical industry. This role will be hybrid after successful completion of probationary period.
- Provide weekly / monthly build plans to operations ensuring customer priorities are optimised.
- Plan and procure all components required to support weekly / monthly build plans.
- Place purchase orders, expedite supply shipments and assist in the resolution of supplier issues
- Communicate critical supply issues internally & externally.
- Prepare expedite list for sterilization preparation and warehouse personnel.
- Resolve backorders quickly and efficiently
- Drive S&OP for relevant product lines
- Maintain integrity of master data on ERP system for relevant product lines
- Participate on cross functional teams on identified projects
- Manage excess / obsolete inventory in line with inventory holding policies
- Optimize inventory to ensure good trade-off between inventory turns, product availability and cost against agreed goals.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, make constructive suggestions for change and drive results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 2 - 3 years experience working in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Knowledge of demand management, planning (production & materials) and logistics.
- Ability to interface with Sales ,Finance ,Operations and Suppliers to solve customer & supplier issues
- Knowledge of End-to-End Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Strong Microsoft office capabilities, particularly in the use of Excel also knowledge of SAP
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.