Buyer | Cork | Contract Role | Contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent opportunity with a view to perm. Employer of choice, if you have experience with buying electronic parts or metals, please get in touch.
- Purchasing goods and services at the best Cost/Quality/Lead Time.
- Coordinate Purchase Requisitions, Raise Purchase Orders and monitor supplier delivery dates. Communicate any risks/issues to senior colleagues and work to resolve.
- Expedite urgent and outstanding orders to support Production and ensure the Delivery target of >98% is achieved.
- Develop effective relations with suppliers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Supporting new part introduction with the accurate and timely set up of purchasing related data
- All admin duties arising from the above including; accurate maintenance of computer files, filing of quotes and purchase order duplicates, up to date records of NDA/SDR and Vendor Assessments
- Provide weekly task reports
- Assist in developing suitable supplier relationships and reducing inventory
- Management of supplier performance including vendor reviews, to include on time performance, quality issues, communication effectiveness, cost reduction and process improvement.
- Identify and deliver cost-saving projects across direct and indirect spend
- Support cost estimate and quotation process on potential business and new products
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in purchasing electronics within an MRP system
- Experience purchasing within a manufacturing and/or design environment, at a minimum running under ISO9001 certification.
- Positive, flexible approach, able to prioritise workload and see tasks through to completion.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent communication with team members, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Able to work well in a team environment and on your own initiative within a team setting.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and evidence of contributing to Continuous Improvement
- A Technical or engineering qualification in a complementary discipline would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email email@example.com