Our client is one of the largest global electronics manufacturing services companies and they have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join their team in their Cork facility. This is a full-time, permanent role that is based on site. This role would ideally suit someone with 2-3 years of experience in direct sourcing or procurement.
- Reviews requisitions and MRP output.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase.
- Orders, reschedules and cancels material based on requisitions and MRP output.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery and inventories.
- Manages supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Analyzes inventory levels. Prepares liability reports for excess and obsolete management.
- May gather quotations, examine bids, negotiate contracts and make awards.
- May plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Interfaces with suppliers and customers to secure both delivery and the best market price.
- Makes tactical buying decisions. Executes corporate sourcing programs and purchasing high dollar parts.
- Conducts quarterly supplier reviews.
- Maintains procurement records, reports and metrics
- Prepares and/or reviews bid requests and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (ideally direct sourcing/procurement)
- Third level education in a related field
- Attention to detail & accuracy of work.
- Actively participate in training deemed appropriate to the position.
- Good team player.
- Excellent time-keeping, communication, problem-solving, and MS Office skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Eligible to work in Ireland (EU)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.