Job Description –
The successful candidate will develop and execute optimal sourcing strategies through the development and management of supplier relationships and promotion of Supplier Integration. Drive supplier focused initiatives to meet overall business requirements whilst implementing sustainable continuous improvement.
Role Responsibilities –
- Institute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, quality and service. Negotiate global and local supply agreements and contracts.
- Evaluation of the indirect sourcing cost base, existing and potential, to secure most competitive total cost, quality and operational efficiency.
- E2E focus: assist in the development and execution of indirect sourcing strategy, continuous improvement plans, cost reduction and performance management aligned with company
- Provide strategic influence while building sustainable partnerships with key integrators and internal customer groups.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Operations, PP&L, Supplier & Operations Quality, Global Sourcing and individuals from other divisions/plants to identify and execute continuous development initiatives and cost reduction plans.
- Business continuity: identify opportunities to mitigate or reduce risk in the supply chain. Implement risk management plans in conjunction with site integrators.
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance against contract specifications and recommend remedial action, as necessary. Manage and develop suppliers to achieve on-going productivity improvements.
- Lead cross-functional teams in root cause problem-solving activities to drive appropriate resolution of supply challenges and preventative actions.
- Review and improve supply chain processes with a focus on E2E business objectives.
- Prepare and distribute formal bid solicitations; analyze bids; make recommendations.
Role Requirements –
- Min 3-5 years’ experience within a GMP Manufacturing Environment
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in Compliance focussed role
- Demonstrated experience in managing key integrators and suppliers
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues and peers.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Strong analytical skills to make quantitative projections and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email email@example.com