Great opportunity to join a Pharmaceutical company in Waterford where you will be reporting to the Head of the function, the BD Manager is responsible for contributing to the business development function by meeting agreed sales targets and business milestones. If this job looks of interest then please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Together with the Head of the function, identifies, targets, nurtures and negotiates with companies for new and existing business growth to meet and surpass agreed sales targets.
- Collects and coordinates data needed by the Business Development function including data mining of Iqvia/IMS and IP databases, with a thorough understanding of the target market dynamics.
- Maintaining up to date market information including pricing, market trends, risks, opportunities and competitor data. Thorough understanding of market information such as pricing, trends, risks and opportunities.
- Driving sales activities to win new business from existing and new customers to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Developing new sources of profitable business, travelling to prospect meetings, preparing and presenting business opportunities.
- Forming excellent alliances via regular communication, attending client and prospect meetings and also sales and industry events such as EuroPLX, DCAT, CPhI.
- Preparation of quotes and contract documentation in line with company templates and in conjunction with the legal team.
- Assists the Business Development function with PMO related responsibility supporting the new product selection process.
- Presenting and reporting on sales and business development activities to Head of the function and at company meetings.
- Liaising with various functions including PMO, Supply Chain, regulatory, legal, finance etc.
- Manage and lead the deal negotiation up to contract signature.
- Ensure proper alliance management post contract signature.
- Third level qualification in life science/business or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in a commercial/alliance management role.
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry particularly in the areas of out-licensing generic or branded products and CMO contracts.
- A strong and global network of developers, licensors and manufacturers of generic products along with an understanding of commercial and technical specificities of generic development and commercial supply.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a technical regulated environment, preferably pharmaceutical.
- Demonstrated experience of business development and sales within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven ability to meet targets and build business relationships across all levels.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage own time.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Must be able to influence others, and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
- Financial and business acumen. Ability to see a way forward in complex situations.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
- Must be flexible to work outside of core office hours from time to time, and to travel to other work locations.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft products including, Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Previous knowledge of IMS data is desirable but not required.
- Time management and strong attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to multitask & work under pressure, coping with more than one conflicting task at once.
- Adaptability – maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Working effectively with the team and on own initiative.
- Safety Awareness.
- Strong and proven negotiation skills.
I am a recruiter that believes the candidate process should be made as easy and as clear as possible. There needs to be consistent communication of the entire recruitment process, so the candidate completely understands where they are in the process. I give full interview preparation; written and verbal before each interview, which is critical. The job searching and interview process are stressful enough, so I hope to make it that little bit easier for you.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lia Boyland on 021-4911060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org