- Reference: CJ46936
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Tipperary, Waterford
- Category: Sales
- To develop and grow sales of speciality and industrial products into the Irish Pharmaceutical market.
- Ensure appropriate hands on management of key customer relationships and provide support and direction to the Internal Account Managers working in these areas.
- To assess and create a strategy for growth of this sector in Ireland.
- Develop and deliver sales, volume and margin budgets, plus sector-specific marketing plans (including exhibitions) to Pharmaceutical customers, and sector-specific suppliers
- Set measurable annual and quarterly objectives for self.
- Identify opportunities for merger/acquisitions that will support organisation growth in Ireland.
- In conjunction with the UK and Europe teams develop relationships with key suppliers into the market.
- Take the lead in sales activity with key Pharmaceutical accounts across Ireland. Support and develop corporate activity with the Key Accounts Team in the sector.
- In conjunction with the Commercial teams, support, train, and develop the IAMs in their product application knowledge and presentation to customers. Support Internal Account Managers to access new customers, and to grow business at existing customers through new product approvals, and application opportunities.
- To prove credibility in the market sector through technical and product application knowledge, as well as market sector experience.
- Manage selling prices as appropriate to maintain and improve gross margin.
- To compile and assess market feedback to the business on competitor activity, portfolio gaps and market dynamics.
- To produce timely reports on sales plans, customer visits and results including the accurate use of the CRM system to define value and timescale plus ultimate responsibility for conversion.
- To develop an effective level of co-operation with all company and third-party staff.
- To ensure the consistent implementation of all company reports, policies and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant sector application experience.
- Educated to degree level in a scientific, or other relevant discipline.
- Previous experience of successful sales of speciality, commodity, and/or industrial chemicals to the Pharmaceutical sector in Ireland.
- To recognise the accreditations and other compliance expectations required by the customer base.
- The ability to develop customer relationships to product conversion success
- To develop effective negotiation and communication with customers and suppliers
- Be able to form and develop and industry tram and manage colleagues through effective communication
- Provide technical and application advice
- The ability to problem solve
- To prioritise, delegate, set targets and monitor results.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!