The Business Development Manager is responsible for seeking new sales opportunities in Europe. This is done through a series of methods including exhibiting at and walking tradeshows, cold calling and utilising databases of contacts.
- Build and then manage relationships with clients and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges. To leverage this knowledge to ensure yearly subscription renewals and up sell where appropriate.
- Constantly think of creative ways to improve our relationships with our clients and grow client revenue.
- Introduce new and long-standing clients to the many offerings that may be applicable to them such as various multimedia offerings
- To attend numerous tradeshows to gather appropriate leads
- To work closely with the European office to manage and build an effective sales pipeline
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in business or marketing.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and capable of seeking additional selling opportunities.
- Passionate about developing customer partnerships.
- At least five years of consultative sales and account management
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritise, plan, and organize the sales activity.
- A strong understanding of CRM systems.
- Fluency, written and spoken, in English and another European language is desirable.
- Frequent travel will be required
This is a full time salaried position with benefits.
Compensation will comprise a base salary plus commission.
As the client base is built, the commission on retained accounts makes it possible to generate very high commission levels.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.