Our client is an established Horticultural business based in Cork and they are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. This opportunity would ideally suit an entrepreneurial, business-minded individual who will lead the development of the business. Our client is particularly interested in talking to people who have the ambition to run their own business one day.
- Conduct comprehensive market research to identify opportunities, trends, and customer needs.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to expand the business’s presence in existing markets and explore new ones.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with key customers, distributors, and partners.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets by identifying new sales opportunities and expanding the customer base.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with clients, ensuring mutual benefits and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations, and finance, to ensure a cohesive approach to business development.
- Prepare and present regular sales and performance reports to senior management.
- Proven background in business development and sales.
- Strong marketing interest and ability to grow the brand.
- Strong interpersonal skills – excellent customer service and people skills.
- An interest in Horticulture would be an advantage.
- Good organisational and management skills.
- The opportunity to work in a reputable, well-established business with a loyal customer base.
- Support and mentoring from existing staff and management.
- Competitive salary package.
- The stability of a long-term role with excellent prospects.
- Opportunity to buy into the business.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty