The Business Development Manager can be based anywhere in Ireland but will be working from the Galway wing of our clients business. The preferred candidate will be Responsible for microbiology laboratory sales in Ireland through prospecting for new Customers and key account management. Responsible for achieving sales targets across the region and driving sales through uncovering new opportunities. The candidate will work closely with Laboratory Manager and Commercial Manager to identify new testing opportunities to drive future growth. Develop a knowledge and understanding of trends in medical device, pharmaceutical and diagnostic industries and buying/sourcing practices of new Customers.
Day to day:
- Support business growth through new Customer acquisition
- Understand Customers’ requirements and devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions
- Meet with new and prospective Customers to create further awareness of our clients service offering.
- Identify future testing opportunities
- Utilise Sales Connection system to track opportunities.
- Supports our clients team with problem solving and training activities.
- Liaise with other divisions to help create continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support marketing and outreach programs.
- Keep familiar with current industry standards and requirements
- Minimum of 3 years microbiology sales experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant subject or demonstrable relevant business experience of a minimum of 6 years in a scientific sales role.
- Ability to influence across functions across our client and across companies to achieve objective.
- Must be able to network internally across all functions and externally with Customer organisations and other service providers.
- Capable of contributing to the strategic direction of the business and able to work with counterparts within our client globally to achieve business objectives.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to project manage.
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion on the organisation please get in touch with Chris O Toole