One of the industries leading Pharmaceutical companies in the South East are currently looking to add a Biopharma Team Lead to their growing team on a permanent basis.
Collins McNicholas Recruitment & HR Services Group are supporting this global organisation to source a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. If you have at least 6 years of experience in a GMP analytical lab with minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity please read on..
Main Day to Day Responsibilities
- To effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, housekeeping, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- To liaise closely with the pharmaceutical chemistry biopharma Section Manager to ensure that resources are available to guarantee that testing activities are completed to customer’s timelines
- To manage online reporting on LIMS, scheduling the work from start to sign off, developing and checking customer reports in a timely manner so as customer expectations are met consistently.
- To perform analysis as requested to ensure that customer’s deadlines are met.
- To review test methods for quotation purposes.
- To ensure that the Biopharma Department Systems and Procedures are maintained to meet regulatory requirements.
- To provide continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements / changes.
- To handle any customer related queries where necessary and liaise with their team to solve these queries if needed.
- To ensure all relevant documentation is authorised and filed accurately in line with company procedures.
- To communicate regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- To write and keep updated laboratory SOPs in their area of work.
- To maintain a high standard of quality in the day-to-day work emanating from their laboratory and to problem solve any quality issues with other members of the organisation.
- To participate in routine regulatory and customer inspections.
- To ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed
- To liaise with management, customers and other members of the organisation on any relevant problem areas or enhancements to the business.
- To ensure the correct standards of cleanliness, tidiness and safety is maintained within the laboratory.
- To ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to the timeliness, quality, and cost.)
- To ensure that all documentation is completed on time, accurately and legibly.
- To keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- To update any relevant documentation as required.
- To ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- To identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
- In the absence of the Section Manager, this person is responsible for ensuring the continued smooth running of the company.
What the Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- A degree in chemistry or a related discipline.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a GMP analytical laboratory is desirable.
- At least 2 years’ supervisory experience is desirable.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and prioritize analytical work.
- Excellent technical ability and strong, proven leadership skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com