Due to securing a major new client we have an urgent opening for an experienced Back-End Engineer.
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Back-End Engineer to get in on the ground floor at a fast-moving Silicon Valley tech company and scale a top-performing engineering team. The team is global with employees based in San Francisco, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. You will build technology that will shape the future of finance. You’ll be working on code that plays a crucial role in the open-access financial infrastructure that they’re building. .
What you would be working on:
- Develop, release and operate our backend services.
- Build out product features, define our technical architecture, and brainstorm ways to continually make our application more performant, reliable and scalable.
- Write high-quality code that is efficient, maintainable and well-tested.
- Work inside a clean microservices-based architecture and a modern tech stack.
- Collaborate with our front-end web and mobile engineers, developing the APIs to power great products.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to continually refine and evolve our coding standards and tech stack.
- Work closely with product to iterate our app in response to customer feedback and business requirements
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- Professional experience with backend development, including database design and API development.
- Preferred experience with modern backend technologies such as Python, Ruby, NodeJS, Go, etc.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing start-up environment.
- Bonus points for interest in cryptocurrencies, blockchains, and/or consumer finance.
About our Technology Stack:
- Completely microservices-based architecture.
- Internal microservices built with Python 3, gRPC, Celery.
- GraphQL API servers built with NodeJS + Koa + Typescript.
- Postgres databases.
- Redis for caching and message queues.
- AWS-based infrastructure using ECS, Docker, Terraform.
- Continuous integration and deployment strategy.
What you will receive in return:
Full Benefits Package included:
- Health insurance (VHI).
- Dental insurance.
- Vision care.
- Life protection.
- Pension plan.
- 24 days annual leave.
- Educational allowance.
- Wellness allowance.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- A product that you can be genuinely proud of.
- Structured career development.
- Be part of a global high-performance development tech team.
Location: Remote work.
Offers can go up to 90,000 for this position
For information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson
Gillian.email@example.com or call Gillian on 01 6620088