Our client a medical device company here in Galway are looking to hire an Automation Technician.
Reporting to Automation Department, the Automation Technician must have strong electrical and mechanical skills. You will be responsible for completing electrical and mechanical assembly work on in-house custom-made machines as well as upgrades and retrofits of existing equipment.
- Complete electrical wiring of electrical/control systems on equipment in accordance with design schematics.
- Complete assembly of mechanical systems including pneumatics in accordance with design schematics.
- Complete machine setup and functional checks.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records to ensure high levels of uptime.
- Follow systematic root-cause problem-solving and troubleshooting to resolve equipment issues. Implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Complete assigned continuous improvement projects and train others as required.
- Flexibility to travel to support the new equipment.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution.
- Ability to work as part of a core team. Actively promote and participate in a cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Equipment adjustment and technical/process resources for production and/or process development staff.
- Fully comply with all elements of GMI Environment Health & Safety Management System.
- The successful candidate will preferably have an Automation background with at least 2 years of experience with electrical and mechanical instrumentation.
- Level 6 qualification or equivalent trades in electrical engineering, mechanical, controls, automation, electronics, or mechatronics.
- Experience in electrical panel wiring is desirable.
- Experience in interpreting technical drawings is essential.
- Experience in mechanical/high volume automation/robotics desirable.
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Programmable controllers, Vision Systems, and Workshop machining is desirable.
- Strong mechanical problem-solving skills are essential.
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion please contact Jessica Ryan on
091 706 719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org