An exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Lead to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Waterford on a permanent contract. As an Automation and Digital Lead, you will lead a highly talented and motivated automation team (currently 6 members), providing strategy, prioritisation and direction while ensuring continued automation and digital development throughout the site.
- Provide leadership in defining and executing the site automation strategy. Formulation and execution of this strategy is absolutely key to the sites success to delivering medicines to our patients.
- Define and align with the above site Automation team to ensure local activities are strategically aligned with corporate goals by building relationships and leveraging knowledge exchange between sites.
- Responsible for definition of the site automation obsolescence and upgrades strategies ensuring consistent standards in hardware and software are applied and obsolescence risks are addressed/mitigated.
- Define and execute the continuous investment plan to ensure the site remains current and innovative in both automation and digital technologies to leverage business benefit and avoid significant obsolescence in both skills and technology. Provide shop floor support for problem solving and investigation activities for all automation issues.
- System Ownership for Serialization and Track and Trace systems.
- Actively pursue business advantage through the application of digital technologies and apps throughout the site manufacturing function.
- Lead and initiate continuous improvement programs and projects including the development and optimization of operation and maintenance procedures for automation / control systems.
- Tender and appoint contractors for the supply of automation services, plant and equipment, installation or Service work for Production operations, such that they contain appropriate technical specifications are delivered as required and represent value for money. Ensure that an out of hours automation support system is in place and support vendors are upto speed on site systems.
- Engineering Degree to Level 8.
- 10+ Years Experience of working in an FMCH or GMP compliant environment.
- 5+ Years of leading a team.
- Experience of successfully delivering capital projects.
- Experience of leading and managing multi skilled technicians and support engineers in the manufacturing environment, to include performance management, objective setting, coaching/mentoring, development and prioritisation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.