- Reference: LK46937
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Infrastructure Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Provide technical support for Automation systems (SCADA, Historian, Reporting)
- Assist with qualification and upgrades of Automation systems and servers.
- Maintain and perform configuration updates to Automation Systems within a regulated and CGMP environment
- Maintain validated software state for Automation systems, including change control, protocols/test plans, system lifecycle documentation.
- Maintain system security for assigned applications.
- Manage Disaster Recovery and Back up requirements for assigned systems.
- Lead testing of Automation software applications to ensure that the design objectives are met, including development and execution of technical specifications and validation documents.
- Investigation of manufacturing deviations and anomalies related to automation applications and manage projects related to corrective action/resolution or equipment performance improvement including Site Change Control.
- Provide technical support for all data migration activities
- Build application support documentation including training, systems architecture, technical configuration, business process flows and support operating procedures.
- Degree in Automation, Computer Science or related technical field with 0-2 years relevant experience
- Designing, analysing and troubleshooting largescale distributed systems.
- Software validation in FDA regulated and CGMP environments an advantage.
- Working with servers and applying software upgrades, knowledge of disaster recovery and backup procedures
- VMWARE, SQL Server, and Reporting applications
- Strong application design, development and support with high quality delivery in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity of S88 automation practices through documentation of SCADA software and validation of software design and functionality
- Reading code of multiple programs and languages, such as IEC 61131-3, XML, HTML, and VBScript.
- Project management to lead teams and identifying priorities
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270