The role of the Automation Engineer will be to support the automation of various production systems and processes. The successful candidate must possess the technical expertise to design, develop, build, troubleshoot, validate and document these systems.
This role will require skills to gather information and design input, from all stakeholders, in order to design the best solutions for the particular challenge.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of all the different automation systems and logic controllers used in the Company.
• Upgrade programs and equipment to solve production issues
• Propose modifications to existing systems, equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and achieve company goals.
• Prototype systems and evaluate the results to develop new process systems
• Assist in developing systems and methods to support the ongoing continuous improvement of the Company.
• Design, manage and build new equipment
• Prepare, revise, issue and review engineering documentation.
• Ensure that work confirms to the company policies and all applicable codes and regulations.
• To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
• Third level degree in Engineering (Automation, Mechanical, or Electronic) with 3 – 5 years experience in a relevant position.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the manufacturing environment, and an excellent understanding of logic controllers and automation equipment.
• Excellent listening and communication skills