Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer – Systems with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Provide automation solutions for both new and existing products (automation and control systems).
- Liaise with electrical design engineers and other design disciplines to prepare system requirements and to develop/document software solutions to meet business compliance and performance requirements.
- Liaise with field commissioning engineers to provide support-controlled updating of version-controlled software/documentation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
- Liaise with software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Develop/review software architecture with focus on object-oriented version-controlled solutions.
- Participate in risk assessments and to help provide solutions for new features/hardware.
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software/ Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in the following areas a distinct advantage:
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Previous experience architecting PLC/DCS systems in an object orientated fashion.
- Previous experience with scripting languages.
- Previous experience with PLC bus systems (Profinet/Profibus/CAN bus/Modbus etc.)
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Experience with ABB PLC’s.
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- SCADA systems application/development
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270