Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Develop, install and debug code for new machines in line with customer needs.
- Evaluate, understand, fault-find and adjust software programs.
- Develop process flow diagrams, functional design requirements and test plans for all automation projects working closely with the engineering design team.
- Grow and lead projects for PLC programming, HMI screen development, system integration and testing of same within the final machine.
- Lead and support a team of Automation Engineers, ensuring clear objectives and deadlines are achieved
- Ensure team focus on the key principles of software quality – maintainability, dependability, efficiency & usability in terms of code structure, documentation and storage.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of various automation systems.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and visit clients when required.
- Reporting on all project activity ensuring an up to date project status is readily available.
- Work with the Research & Development team to build expertise on new technologies.
- Follow procedures in accordance with the QMS.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
- Third level qualification in electronics, automation, computer science or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hands on PLC programme development in Beckhoff, Allen-Bradley, Siemens with experience in HMI screen development.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Automation Engineers.
- Excellent organisational skills with the capability of managing multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer skills – Microsoft office suite. MS project an advantage
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270