Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer – Applications with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify project automation requirements
- Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements
- Manage all requirements and ensure all requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain/update project schedule to ensure project is delivered on time
- Document automation functions and present to customers
- Design automation support systems e.g. network infrastructure, PLC systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus)
- Ensure electrical design engineers are aware of electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Ensure software developers are aware of the software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Ensure software developers are aware of crane monitoring requirements for automation systems, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
- Ensure commissioning engineers are aware of automation functions and provide any necessary support and documentation required during the commissioning process.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- Liaise with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- Where new development is required, participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
- Where necessary prepare and execute on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- Manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions, to ensure overall automation function is delivered.
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270