Working as part of the Automation group, the Automation Engineer will be accountable for the design-build and upgrading of automated equipment used in our manufacturing and new technologies process. Generate relevant drawings and associated documentation, including validations where appropriate, and ongoing support of the existing process. Vender selection and project management of complete projects will be a major part of the role.
- System design for Industrial Automation equipment from the concept stage.
- Management of project from design through to validation.
- Production of support documentation including BOMs, manuals, drawings, and CE technical files.
- Hands-on system complete system debugging.
- Researching solutions to existing process problems.
- Technical support to production.
- Validation support and delivery of completed systems.
- Level 8 Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Ability to design and manufacture systems up to CE marking standard.
- Demonstrated ability to design systems in a 3D environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the pneumatic system, mechanical motion systems & electrical drive systems.
- Experience in external vendor management.
- Demonstrated automated system build and debug experience.
- Ability to design systems in line with the machinery directive and other directives where applicable.
- Demonstrated ability in CE technical file creation.
Excellent Salary & Benefits.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role, please contact Nicola Walsh.