- Reference: CJ46944
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick
- Category: Bio-Pharmaceutical
Automation Engineer required for the startup, commissioning and sustaining of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to program, diagnose and troubleshoot Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
- Develop and implement software solutions through change control as required while understanding impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities equipment.
- Provides technical and automation operational support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Validation and Facilities departments.
- Provides out of hours 24/7 on call support.
- Support, maintain and diagnose automation hardware.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation.
- Experience with controls networks and communications systems (Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus etc)
- Generate, review and maintain automation life cycle documentation.
- Review current production operations and ensure continual improvement
- Interact with and manage automation contractors.
- Supports project commissioning activities.
- Manages projects related to design, commissioning, and performance improvement of automated equipment.
- Provides design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
Experience and Required Skills: Education and Experience:
- Primary degree in Science/Engineering discipline.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with validated Automation systems in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience and in depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
- Ability to work on own initiative, without direct supervision from management.
- Team player with an ability to work well across various departments on site as well as business partners.
- Excellent communication skills.