Our client, a global leader in food manufacturing products is seeking an Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the completion of automation projects.This position will be based in Macroom, Co Cork. Attractive package on offer.
Overview of Responsibilities:(full job description available on request)
- Establish the capability of all processes and create statistical process controls for monitoring, ensuring process stability, and delivering products that meet customer specifications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in maintaining complex in-house automated systems.
- Display the capacity to introduce new projects and solutions that support a consistent pace of ongoing improvement.
- Oversee and enhance Operational Efficiency (OE) by tracking and improving process line reliability and performance. Identify process bottlenecks, report findings, and conduct root cause analysis in collaboration with the relevant team members.
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing Practical Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts.
What the ideal Automation Engineer looks like:
- You will have a minimum qualification of Level 8. B. Sc. or B.Eng. honours degree in Automation, Electronics, Mechatronics, Electrical or Software Engineering with a proven track record of successfully completing automated projects
- The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of all aspects of complex automated systems including PLC, vision systems, as well as a good understanding of MES systems.
- Knowledge of Siemens S7, WINCC and Wonderware a distinct advantage
- At least 5 years relevant experience in an FMCG, fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment with demonstrable and transferable skills is essential
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control Systems
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Alicja Burchardt.