The Automation Engineer is part of the plant engineering team with responsibility for the design and installation of robust and world class automation systems, and supporting the continued and sustained development and improvement of the Manufacturing process.
Automation Engineer responsibilities
- Maintain and develop the automation infrastructure onsite in line with automation best practice
- Investigate and root cause any issues regarding automation and put sustainable counter measures in place with a focus on Zero Automation downtime
- Responsible for leading the plant automation upgrades to the manufacturing facilities
- Lead of Scada design and PLC software design for the plant
- Identification and preparation of proposals for Capital Investments to include full costing’s and return on investment
- Technical knowledge of PLC systems, field networks, drive systems and instrumentation
- Technical knowledge of programming languages – python and Java
- Technical knowledge of server operating systems
- Working knowledge of SQL database systems and scada systems (WINcc)
- Co-Responsibility for all production process automation and controls systems including the specification and design, programming, simulation and testing, start-up assistance and training
- Designs, writes, implements, tests and documents PLC and HMI software.
- Development of control system validation/testing protocols.
- Specify and purchase process instrumentation, and equipment in accordance with procurement purchasing policy and in compliance with technical standards
- Manage and support automation projects as identified and assigned
- Installation, testing, and start-up control systems on-site.
- Train in house electrical engineers on control systems
Automation Engineer Requirements
- Minimum 3rd Level qualification in Automation, however Mechatronics/Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering considered
- Experience supporting PLC, SCADA and HMI systems in a manufacturing background is essential
- Experience to working with Technical/Electrical drawings and specifications
- Demonstrable working experience working directly as an Automation Engineer or a Control Systems Engineer
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan