Our client has an exciting opportunity as an Automation Engineer. To work as part of the automation engineering group in collaboration with the various functions to deliver a complex automation project. The primary function of the role is to manage complex automation projects, working with external vendors to deliver robust solutions on time and within budget. The role also involves the planning and execution of all the internal activities that are required for the integration of the automation solution.
- Manage the execution of complex custom automation projects developed by external vendors.
- Project manage the day-to-day requirements in terms of cost and timeline driving the project to successful completion; on time, within budget and to the required quality standards
- Manage and influence stakeholders in manufacturing, R&D, Process Development and Quality.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the existing manual manufacturing process, the product functionality, the acceptance standards, and what’s critical to quality and the customer.
- Experience and understanding of identifying critical variables and designing experiments to optimise the process.
- Provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and software.
- Generate documentation for the detailed specification, participate, critique and sign off on design reviews.
- Support the development of documentation for the FAT & SAT testing of the new equipment ensuring it complies with the company's standards Equipment Standards, Safety Standards Oversee and deliver automated equipment that will be robust during the lifecycle of the equipment and meet its design requirements.
- Provide support post-install to ensure a successful production ramp-up.
- Degree in automation/mechanical engineering/electrical engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of automation systems and an ability to critique vendor designs, identify opportunities and propose alternatives where applicable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skillsStrong organisational skills and technical knowledge
- Strong Leadership & Influencing skills work well within a team environment and on own initiative ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the Project Management of New Equipment Introduction Projects is a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role please get in touch with Andrew O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org or