- Develop and implement new technologies, controls and vision systems to improve cost and quality of existing strategic medical device products.
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation.
- Develop specifications documents for new equipment and work closely with vendors to ensure the software related systems are correctly developed as per specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in the validation of new technologies to ensure they meet the Safety, Quality and Operational requirements specified.
- Develop and manage project schedules/detailed work plans in order to meet overall project goals. Communicate status of project activities on a regular basis.
- Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems. Author and execute software test scripts as required.
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide business case analysis to quantify and justify automation projects.
- Provide automation requirements and implement solutions for product lines and/or capacity expansions.
- Provide technical and controls core competency support, including training to Operations and Engineering personnel on an as-needed basis, including possible off-hours, remote and onsite coverage rotation.
- Travel to vendor locations for project reviews may be required.
- Degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Computer Systems or Electronic Engineering or other similar technology degree – or equivalent training/experience
- Experience in high volume low-cost manufacturing systems development desirable
- Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies, statistical analysis and machine vision fundamentals advantageous
- Must be able to work with Operations staff, Manufacturing/Maintenance technicians and engineers in cross-functional team setting.
- 5+ years’ experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including Vision systems, PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA control systems software
- Experience with equipment build, process automation, machine vision systems development and medical products advantageous.
- Experience working in a cGMP/FDA regulated environment desirable
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com