- Reference: AJ46041
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin West
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Responsible for auditing/verifying all relevant programmes managed by conducting site visits to beneficiaries focussed on:
– Confirming the probity of grant claims and ensuring that all monies are spent for the purpose intended, as appropriate
– Verifying the reality and eligibility of the expenditure reported
– Reconciling non-financial information submitted to the source documented maintained by beneficiaries (where applicable)
– Confirming the existence of best practice in relation to financial records, internal controls and corporate governance.
– Reviewing the accounting systems and related internal controls.
– In-depth examination of all records underpinning grant payments to beneficiaries, e.g. periodic claims / reports, and carrying out an independent verification of the expenditure details and non-financial information (where applicable) contained therein.
– Assessing the eligibility and classification of all monies spent by beneficiaries to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions attached to the relevant funds
– Reviewing the implementation of the policies and procedures as specified by the provider of funds i.e. Government Departments, EU, Philanthropic Organisations, etc.
– Assessing value for money associated with the grant aid
– Conducting and/or assisting with identified risk audits
– Preparing comprehensive reports and management letters in a timely manner which incorporates all the audit/verification findings as well as a series of conclusions and/or recommendations. This is a critical requirement of the position, as it routinely involves the collation of audit related information into an understandable format which highlights and clearly captures the key issues arising from each assignment in a succinct manner
– Conducting meetings during the course of the audit/verification where appropriate i.e. internal meetings, audit related meetings (including formal interviews) with beneficiaries organisations, etc.
– Monitoring budgets/programme of activities against actual expenditure of the beneficiaries and highlighting any significant variances
– Maintaining detailed audit working papers and operating relevant ICT systems / portals
– Ensure the quality, accuracy, security and consistency of all data
– Follow-up and review of audits/verifications to ensure key issues raised are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
– Liaison with other audit/verification staff and other CAR functions on operations management
– Ability to determine when escalation is required on significant issues identified
– Self-driven with a proven track record of achievement and an ability to guarantee quality and accuracy
– Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases, SharePoint portals, etc.
– Evidence of producing high quality reports and written materials
– Strong financial management experience and knowledge.
– Professional recognised accounting qualification. Applications from other candidates with good academic backgrounds plus significant relevant experience of auditing grant claims and / or forensic accounting may also be considered
– Full driving licence and provision of car for business purposes.
– Commitment to on-going Continuous Professional Development.
– Previous experience of conducting in-depth financial checks, e.g. forensic accounting, collation of data based on incomplete records, etc.
– Knowledge of the community/voluntary/public sector
– Knowledge of EU & Government accounting regulations
– Understanding of the Irish language
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Working knowledge of computerised accounting packages.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!