Audit Senior - Waterford
We have an exciting Audit Senior opportunity for you to join an award-winning, Big 4 practice on a permanent basis in Waterford. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading and fastest-growing companies. The Assurance division is the largest service line within the business and you will work in the highest performing teams serving local and global clients working both in the office and off-site at client premises. Our client prides themselves on their company culture, training, career progression and offer a competitive remuneration package as well as flexible working hours.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the performance of audit procedures, with a particular focus on complex and specialised issues. Including audits, control reviews and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Develop technical expertise - both functional & industry.
- Understand the clients industry and recognition of the key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan the engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Preparation and / or review of management letters, audit project proposals, budgets, fee / billing negotiations and recovery, and contract terms.
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- 3.5+ years assurance experience with a Top 10 Accountancy Practice
- IFRS & US GAAP experience
- Experience of working on Large PLC, Multinational clients within the Industrial, Commercial & Technology sector.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working - including options to work from home, reduce your hours, or flexible start and finish times
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Formal recognition initiatives and team awards
- 27 days annual leave with the option to buy and sell additional leave
- Educational Assistance
- Family leave. including maternity, adoption, surrogacy, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- Carer's leave.
- Global mobility scheme
- Discretionary sick pay
- Free gym membership
- Travel Pass scheme
- Cycle for Work Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- CSR Days
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.