Associate Software Developer
This is a critical IT position associated with the operation of a new manufacturing facility located in Castlebar, Ireland. The Associate Software Developer will report directly into the Application Development team based at their corporate headquarters (HQ) in America, with local reporting and support onsite by the IT Administrator – Castlebar.
The Associate Software Developer will be responsible for working with the development team in order to develop and maintain critical software applications. They will also work closely with the production team in Castlebar and gain an intricate understanding of the applications used all in production and finance processes. We need a highly motivated individual who is interested in learning new technologies and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following, others may be assigned to meet business needs.
o Duties will consist of design, document, develop, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and integrate accounting, financial, sales, manufacturing, shipping, quality, engineering, database, and reporting applications.
o Familiarity with Microsoft technologies and applications is essential.
o Communicate regularly with Application Development Team at HQ to ensure consistent adherence to the company’s IT program.
o Work with production team to be familiar with production processes
o Support applications locally in coordination with the Applications team.
· Application Development Technologies:
o Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
o Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Services
o Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
o Microsoft .NET Framework
o Microsoft ASP .NET MVC Core
o Programming Languages:
· Other Applications:
The ideal candidate will be using the following applications & tools. Experience with these applications is desired but not required.
o Microsoft Dynamics ERP (365 for Finance and Operations)
o Microsoft Dynamics CRM (365 for Customer Engagement)
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Microsoft Office
o Microsoft SQL Server
§ Reporting Services (SSRS)
o Web Forms (ASP.NET)
o Windows Forms
Education and/or Experience
· BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
· 1-2 years of experience in a related role is strongly desired.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is also highly desired.
· Experience with cleanroom-based operations is desired.
· Demonstrated critical and effective decision-making skills with the ability to work on one’s own initiative to resolve competing priorities and with minimum supervision is required.
· Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills, which include but are not limited to presentation and organizational skills.
· Be a strong team member with the ability to identify and drive Software improvements.
For a confidential discussion please contact Christopher O Toole.