An Associate Project Manager is an entry-level leader of a product or technology development project.
- People Management: Manages small cross-functional development teams (with assistance); leads teams effectively; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; identifies, communicates, and manages low levels of technical risk.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops (with assistance) and implements project plan; builds team ownership and commitment to project plan.
- Process Management: Implements TDP/PDP; leads team to complete activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, creates Scaling Plan and Design History File for the project.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and the PIB; leads (with assistance) phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders
- Must be strong in people management and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS degree (min HETAC level 8/ 240 credits) in Engineering: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters or Qualification in Project Management would be preferred.
- 4+ years of project management/operations/new product development experience
- Experience with development of medical devices a plus.
- Strong communication skills across all levels in organisation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Walsh.