An exciting opportunity has arisen with our global multi-national client who are looking to permanently hire an Associate Project Manager in Galway. This will be a hybrid role with a required onsite presence of 3 days per week. You can work flexitime and the role offers excellent benefits along with an early Friday finish.
As an Associate Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including leading a product or technology development project, moderate-sized acquisition projects and as site representative for Global projects.
- Lead small/medium-sized cross-functional development teams through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable.
- Provide input to functional managers on the team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Manage the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identifies, communicates and manages technical risk engaging the key subject matter experts in this process.
- Develop and implement the project plan proactively identifying risks and embedding appropriate mitigations into plans
- Develop and control the project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Follow the appropriate applicable project roadmap (e.g. PLCP process for NPI, Product Transfer roadmap for Site Transfers etc.) and represent Operations on the overall Core Team; lead the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices & represents same at all phase reviews.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications ensuring appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues/decision points are communicated in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
- NFQ level 8 degree in a Technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Science, Software, Manufacturing); a Qualification in Project Management and/or a Level 9 (Masters) would be an advantage.
- 4+ years of project management in an Operations or New Product Development environment.
- A formal Project Management qualification or certification is an advantage.
For a more detailed job specification or a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.