- Reference: LK46053
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Health & safety
Associate Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
About the Role:
As a key member of the site Operations Leadership Team you will drive EHS compliance to corporate and legal standards. You will champion Health, Safety and Environmental management on both Ireland sites to promote a Health and Safety culture. As the site’s expert resource you will advise on health and safety, environmental and employer liability issues. Driving improvements to minimise accidents. Responsible for liaising with external enforcing bodies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, coach, & mentor the EHS team (1 EHS Specialist, 1 EHS intern)
- Take ownership of the organisations ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 Management Systems and ensure that standards and procedures set within these systems are maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Promote safe systems of works in line with ISO & OHSAS standards ensuring that safety is placed at the fore of all undertakings by the organisation.
- Promote and champion the organisation Safety Culture Improvement Programme
- Carry out site and facility inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and work with area leaders to implement improvements.
- Lead and support initiatives to raise awareness and drive a positive culture around H&S within positive affirmation of safe behaviours.
- Keep management informed of all significant regulatory requirements, notable safety weaknesses, and all key safety indicators.
- Facilitate the site EHS Steering Team, working with area leaders to reduce specific risks within their areas
- Coordinate dealings with enforcement agencies and external bodies including the HSA; and Insurers with incidents and accident investigations.
- 6-8 experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device
- B.S degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science or equivalent
- Experience working with and/or implementing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Disciplined approach to activity and self-managed
- Skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
To Apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com or call Ben on 061 512270