Collins McNicholas is recruiting for an Assoc. Director, Packaging Engineering to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company in Cork. The Assoc. Director, Packaging Engineering will be accountable for both personnel and task management and may be responsible for managing people managers while serving as a lead for large scale cross-functional projects with the ability to identify and adjust for potential issues.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Determines the functions most critical to departmental success and proactively engages these to drive the business forward.
- Can lead multiple components of departmental strategic initiatives.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior group members.
- Manages complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure the product meets regulatory, performance, and cost requirements.
- Leads technical investigations and assessment of deviations.
- Manages external vendor relationships and negotiates contracts.
- Manages budget for pharmaceutical/packaging engineering-related projects and activities.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of personnel, which may include people managers.
- Manages a team of personnel, including hiring, organizing and/or conducting training, conducting performance reviews, and ensuring assigned work is performed to required standards.
- Coordinates the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and liquid products.
- Approves documents for Regulatory filings, and reviews filings, including sections from other disciplines.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and an MSc.
- Significant expertise in interpreting and implementing governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and internal policies to assure compliance at production sites.
- In-depth knowledge of cGMPs, manufacturing principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Health Care
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.