- Reference: SJ46282
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Donegal, Fermanagh, Leitrim
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL/QUALITY MANAGER – Donegal
We have a new Assistant Lab/Quality Manager role open in the Donegal region. Excellent opportunity with an established local company who are part of a larger multinational group. A 3rd level science qualification, ideally level 8 degree. Minimum 3 years microbiology or chemistry experience in a laboratory / testing background is required. This role will support the technical manager and the Quality manager in the day to day running of the Lab with a big emphasis on validation of new methods. The main areas of responsibility with the role include:
- Assisting the quality manager with:
- monitoring the quality management system and supporting procedures to include:
- writing management system documentation and amendments to this documentation;
- ensuring the latest issue of all controlled management system documentation is in use;
- highlighting anomalies and implementing agreed corrective action;
- preparing reports to be used for the management review meeting; and
- maintaining the calibration schedule and ensuring that all calibrations are up-to-date.
- Deputising for the quality manager in his/her absence.
- Carrying out quality audits according to the documented schedule.
- Liaising with customers and ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Ensuring customer confidentiality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of test results.
- Discussing with the laboratory manager any inducements, which may have an effect on the judgment of personnel regarding test results.
- Reporting anomalies and non-conformances and initiating corrective active.
- Assisting the technical manager with:
- drawing up training schedules for personnel and monitoring training to ensure that the required standards are being met
- method validation and verification according to documented procedures.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the improvement or development of test procedures.
- Deputising for the technical manager in his/her absence.
Logistics, Testing and Reporting
- Ensuring that test items are correctly handled on intake (including any sample pre-treatment or preservation required) and directed to the relevant department.
- Ensuring test items are correctly logged into the LIMS and uniquely identified.
- Microbiological and chemical analysis according to documented procedures.
- Ensuring that test items are analysed correctly according to the appropriate documented and up-to-date test procedures.
- Calculating results according to documented procedures, manually or by computer programme.
- Checking the accuracy of calculations and transcription of results to LIMS when producing test reports.
- Collating information for test reports and keeping analysis worksheets up to date.
- Authorising test reports.
- Issuing test reports.
- Communication of out of specification results to the appropriate person/customer as soon as they are apparent.
- Reporting any defects or faults on any critical items of measuring equipment and maintaining records of corrective actions taken.
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment.
- Carrying out routine monitoring checks on all measuring equipment.
- Maintaining a suitable laboratory environment (clean, tidy and hazard-free at all times, spills/breakages cleaned up immediately).
- Maintaining a sterile laboratory environment and using proper aseptic technique at all times (microbiology).
- Maintain necessary records in a manner, which will permit easy recall.
- Collating information for records and reports.
- Maintaining and reviewing relevant manuals (Quality, Procedure) so that the information contained is relevant and up-to-date.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!