An opportunity exists for a suitable candidate to join the Estates Team in a pubic sector organisation as Assistant Property Manager on a 12 month contract initially and to assist in representing the area on National Estates Property Management tasks as assigned. The successful candidate will be required to provide expertise, advice and support services in respect of the management of the extensive property portfolio. The successful candidate must be capable of working on their own initiative, of performing as part of a team and engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver property services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with providing property management and advisory services as appropriate in the management of the Estate in Sligo and Leitrim.
- To assist in the planning management and rationalisation of the existing Estate
- Provide, or arrange provision of independent expertise in property valuations.
- Ensure yearly updating of property valuations of all properties listed in the Property Registers and Database where required
- Advise on strategies associated with potential for disposing of surplus lands and properties, with particular reference to ‘campus’ sites and underutilised properties.
- Advise on strategies to maximise the operational and financial potential of properties and land assets within the portfolios of Sligo and Leitrim.
- Review and advise, from a property management perspective, on third party proposals on behalf of clients, e.g. developer proposals, D&B development options, PPP procurement etc.
- To advise and assist the integrated service area personnel on the sourcing and acquisition of new facilities in line with the goals contained in their Service Plans
- Provide support role and assistance to the business management personnel in the integrated service area regarding the Development strategies for campus sites
- Provide advice and assistance to the Clients requirement in relation to sourcing suitable properties, through public and private development opportunities, public/private partnership, leasing, renting and buying opportunities joint venturing etc.
- Co-operating and liaising as necessary with members of staff as appropriate in the procurement, planning and zoning relating to buildings and properties.
- Prepare reviews and commentaries on Development Plans of the Local Authorities within Sligo and Leitrim in consultation with appropriate officers and advisors.
- Ensure statutory compliance in respect of Planning and Zoning Regulations regarding all properties in Sligo and Leitrim.
- Sit on teams convened by the clients, from time to time, in respect of property related proposals
- Ensure that property related contracts are executed in accordance with the requirement of the internal Property Protocol
- Carry out property suitability assessment reports and liaise as necessary with other internal and external expertise.
- Provide documentation in relation to the acquisition and disposal submissions to the Property Approvals Group and the Senior Leadership Team
- Establish and advise on costs as they relate to property transactions and development proposals
- Inspect and review of leases and contracts as required. Arranging for preparation of title maps, lease maps and other maps associated with contract documents for property related transactions and application submissions to the Property Registration Authority
- Ensure that property consultants, including conveyance solicitors and planning advisors, are fully and clearly briefed as appropriate
- Ensure that property transactions and proposals are completed within acceptable time limits in accordance with the internal property protocol
- Advise the Estate Manager as appropriate, in relation to the formulation and review of policies and programmes for property procurement, disposal and development and to ensure that such policies and programmes are communicated and agreed.
- Work with the Property Services team and other team members as appropriate and necessary
- Build relationships, in order to support the role, with Estate Agents, Local Authorities and property management personnel in Sligo and Leitrim.
- Ensure satisfactory progress of property related proposals and transactions and that appropriate information sessions, briefing meetings and consultations are held as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive property register database for all properties in Sligo and Leitrim.
- Such other duties as the Estate Manager may direct from time to time
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient organisation.
Qualifications and/ or experience
- Hold a Level 8 (or higher) Quality & Qualifications Ireland major academic award in Property Studies, Property Valuation & Management or Property Economics
- Or Have Full Membership of the relevant professional association: - Society of Chartered Surveyors in Ireland - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. (e.g. Commercial Agency Surveyor, Property & Facilities Management Surveyor or Valuation Surveyor)
- Have had at least five years’ satisfactory & relevant experience in the direction and supervision of commercial agency, property valuation, property transactions and/or property management.
- Have experience of the management of large property portfolios, incl. property acquisition and disposal and the legal and statutory obligations attaching to same
- Have experience in financial planning, budgeting, lease management and asset strategy development / management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins.