Assistant Production Manager required for a leading food business in West Cork. The Assistant Production Manager will ensure that production targets (quality, volume, costs) are consistently met through the effective management of people and processes.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Promotion of safety within all areas including identification and resolution of safety issues
- Daily scheduling of production volumes in various areas
- Using lean principles to manage the business and employee engagement
- Manage quality, hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout the areas.
- Plan manning levels to cover production plan, holidays and other leave
- Plan downtime, maintenance and scheduled testing
- Initiate and support lean/continuous improvement / cost reduction activities
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Strong awareness of GMP and Health, Hygiene & Safety requirements
- Honours degree in Food Science/Process Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent communication and team management skills required.
- Familiar with the Ingredients Whey processes – Membranes, Fat separation, Pasteurisation, Evaporation, Spray drying and Packaging
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.