- Reference: 46899
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: International, Leinster, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Do you want to live/work in China for a year?
We are recruiting for the position of:
Assistant Lecturer – Mechanical Engineering
Dates based in China: 1 September 2018 to 30 June 2019
(Return for Christmas holiday can be facilitated).
This lecturing position will be based at a Partner University of Technology in China.
The appointee will be required to teach on second and/or third year undergraduate programmes in Mechanical Engineering at a University of Technology in China. This university has more than 20,000 students studying , has three campuses.
This teaching post in Mechanical Engineering is to deliver modules in Mechanical Engineering to students studying on second and/or third year of the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering for the academic year 2017-18.
The lecturer will deliver some of the following modules to second and/or third year students :
· Theoretical Mechanics
· Engineering Materials and Forming Technology
· Material Mechanics
· Theory of Mechanics
· Foundation of Exchangeability and Technology Measure
· Fundamentals of Control Engineering
· Fluid Mechanics
· Heat Transfer
· Microcomputer and Interface Technology
· Technology and Application of Numerical Control
1. A first or second class honours degree (Level 8) in Mechanical Engineering
or an approved equivalent qualification.
2. Not less than three years industrial or research or other professional experience subsequent to obtaining the above qualification.
· A postgraduate qualification in a cognate discipline.
· Knowledge of / experience in one of the following:
(a) Mechanical Workshop
(b) CAD / CAM / CAE
(c) Renewable Energy Systems
Qualifications and conditions of appointment are in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills.
Candidates will be expected to be self starters, able to operate independently. In addition, they should have excellent interpersonal skills including patience, diplomacy and cross-cultural awareness.
The compensation package includes provision for flights to and from China, and accommodation on campus for the duration of the contract, together with one additional “Home Leave” trip to Ireland (or an equivalent value round trip flight elsewhere). Visas and insurance will be arranged by the Institute. Please note that appointment is subject to a work permit being issued by the Chinese authorities which also requires the completion of a medical examination.
The appointee will play an active role in the academic direction of courses including teaching, academic assessment and academic administration at the Partner University in China. Full job spec on application.
** Interview process will commence in early June.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie