Details of Service:
This team is responsible for providing national Finance Policy including Statutory Reporting, Taxation, Governance, Planning, Reporting and Management of Financial systems across the business.
The in-house AFS Accountants function operates to provide national advice in respect of key technical accounting issues and to provide strategic and operational support in all matters relating to Accounting Regulations and the consolidation of the Annual Financial Report for the organisation.
Purpose of the role:
To provide support to the AFS General Manger & Accountants, to assist in the production of the Annual Financial Statements (AFS), to support the annual audit, and to provide support in respect of technical accounting issues and general regulations.
- To assist in the preparation of the AFS for Board approval and audit within statutory timeframes.
- To assist in the audit process through to certification.
- Responsible for updating financial models used in the production of the AFS primary statements and supporting notes
- Validation of AFS financial accounting returns received from Area units.
- Analysis and reconciliations of Statement of Income and Expenditure and Statement of Financial Position balances.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances in all Area Units within the consolidation group.
- Analytical reviews.
- Preparation of lead schedules for audit purposes.
- Dealing with audit queries, preparation of responses.
- Provision of support to the AFS General Manager and to the Accountants including the production of AFS control and reconciliation workings
- Provision of AFS advice and support to the Areas Units
- Miscellaneous information requests as part of the AFS process, or during the calendar year.
- All other duties as required by AFS General Manager
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience of assisting in the preparation of and/or Companies Statutory Reporting
- Demonstrate good knowledge of accounting standards (Irish GAAP)
- Demonstrate experience of working with both Internal and External Auditors
- Demonstrate knowledge of IFMS systems
- Demonstrate excellent MS Office skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Demonstrate experience of working with complex financial models using MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills to enable analysis, interpretation and extraction of finance Data.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders
- A Team Player is imperative, demonstrating effective communication skills both in written reports and oral presentations
- Full drivers licence.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Egan on 090 64 78104 or email email@example.com