- Reference: CJ46479
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Waterford
- Category: Production Supervisors Cork
Achieve Operational/Financial Performance
- Manage overall downstream process flow of cost effective products, Assembly to Customer via Dispatch, at agreed stock accuracy/delivery parameters.
- Manage core shift employees to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Achieve KPI’s agreed to by section at start of year.
- Motivate/lead Team in a continuous improvement environment to continuously improve and develop processes, and maximum capability/achieve results.
- Build relationships to enhance Team capability. Utilize equipment to maximum potential, while delivering quality cost components/minimum wastage, with focus on internal /external customers.
- Plan/deliver to annual and rolling four week production plan. Ensure correct flexible shift pattern is in place to meet requirements.
- Produce cost effective components within agreed wastage parameters to meet required final product actual cost.
- Monitor real-time machine performance and work order progress via DPS and SAP.
- Utilize equipment effectively to produce quality components, with minimum wastage, in correct quantity, within wastage bands
- Support new product introduction and difficult products.
Build Relationships/Manage People
- Drive success through leading by example; motivate key staff to develop and deepen Continuous Improvement ethos. Build talent and empower people at the lowest level. This will involve meeting KPI’s agreed at start of year.
- Drive success with people by involvement of machine personnel in preventative maintenance tasks. Up-skill direct reports in key people, success driven, results area.
- Develop capability of Assembly and Dispatch areas to increase performance in terms of utilization of systems/equipment/automation to maximize Departmental capability.
- Project-manage the design/development/build of specialist equipment for new products.
- Develop Departmental capability to include additional operations such as Operator annual PM, more complex repairs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Company and Corporate Conduct policies.
- Ensure regular communication and auditing is conducted.
Education / Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Qualification in Lean Practice is desirable.
- Knowledge of high speed manufacturing.
- Knowledge of logistics and shipping processes and procedures.
- Capable of planning executing and achieving Department targeted outputs using Team knowledge and skills.
- Skills to drive success with people and be personally accountable.
- Knowledge of Continuous improvements principles (Lean, VSM, 5S, TPM) and practices developed through practical programs of implementation is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!