- Reference: CJ46666
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Production
Abbott are committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, they have brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Sets up and operates automatic or semi-automatic machines. May perform other tasks including, but not limited to; placing labels on packages, and putting data sheets with product.
- Assembles, repairs, inspects and/or tests products following written instructions. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and other work-related documents, written in English.
- Sets up and operates a variety of manufacturing machines or equipment following written instructions in the English language.
- Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures.
- Records information on approved documents.
- Disposes hazardous waste material on corresponding hazardous waste areas.
- Resolves problems and make routine recommendations.
- Trains other employees when necessary.
- Maintains all position certifications up to date as required to remain in compliance.
- Completes daily work to meet established schedule with guidance from supervisor on prioritization of tasks.
- Solves problems of limited scope and complexity requiring basic interpretation of well-defined procedures and practices. Maintains confidentiality in handling sensitive information or documents.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
Education and Skills Required:
- Leaving Certificate with a minimum of grade D in five ordinary level subjects including Maths and English or a pass rating in an Aptitude Test. Relevant work experience advantageous but not essential or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Applies limited knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a basic understanding of department fundamentals. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Performs routine tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions. Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!