Our client based in North Cork is looking for an Area Manager to join their growing team.
The Area Manager will oversee a number of drinking water and wastewater contracts in the Munster Area and involves managing teams of supervisors and operators.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Management of water and wastewater contracts including associated staff in the Munster area.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are managed to produce positive outcomes for the company and the client.
- Responsible for managing budgets associated with contracts.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety Systems are overseen and implemented.
- Responsible for reviewing associated contract costs. Examining areas for cost-saving initiatives and implementing if feasible.
- Responsible for liaising with the client in relation to contractual matters such as variations, claims, capital replacement, etc.
- Ensuring that reports and associated payment applications are submitted within the required timeframes.
- The ideal candidate will a have proven track record of managing operational staff and contracts.
- The ability to communicate well both face to face and on the phone at all levels within the company and with clients and statutory bodies is essential.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- An engineering and/or science/health & safety degree with experience in the water/wastewater industry.
- Previous supervisor/management experience is essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
- Company Vehicle.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jason O'Flaherty.